Want to be part of a pioneering clinic that's leading the way in healthcare in Australia?
Our clinic is growing rapidly, so we're looking for people with exceptional talent to join our team.
About our clinic
At Melbourne Functional Medicine, we’re on a mission to change people's lives and solve the chronic disease epidemic by changing the way healthcare is done.
Our model of healthcare combines cutting edge, evidence based functional medicine with results focused health coaching to offer uniquely personalised support to patients that amplifies their health outcomes.
This approach involves giving patients a high level of care. We spend as much time with a patient as they need to get better, by collaborating with a practitioner who solves their case, and a health coach who supports them to get well again.
Our team is passionate, driven and focused on delivering a truly exceptional healthcare experience for our patients. We also extend this level of care to our team members, prioritising their health and well-being too.
Our values and culture
Innovation is our currency
We seek to innovate within ourselves and the business, fostering an environment of continual upleveling. We encourage upskilling and bringing new ideas to the table.
Lead with your head, though don’t forget your heart
We’re results-driven, scientific, and analytical, yet we balance that with empathy and understanding for patients and our MFM family. We're all humans, after all.
Think like a leader
As leaders in our field, we encourage being open minded, bold, persistent, emotionally intelligent, agile, inspirational, collaborative, and growth focused.
We practice what we preach
We’re all about self-care, balance, and treating our health (and ourselves) as our number one asset while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
We do what needs to be done, and say what needs to be said, with integrity. This means being honest, transparent, and wanting the best outcome for all involved.
We collaborate to deliver results
Relationships are key to success with our patients and our team. We love working together to unite our unique strengths for the best possible outcomes.
Whether it's in our group morning Slack channel, weekly meetings, or get-togethers, we're always looking at ways to weave in fun. Because life's too short to be serious all the time!
We want our staff to be happy, healthy and fulfilled by working with us. Our benefits cater to these aims, such as:
- Attractive salary package (with potential for performance based compensation)
- Professional development - mentorship and financial contribution to courses
- Flexibility to work from home or entirely remote if you live outside of Melbourne (practitioner and coach roles only)
- A healthy work-life balance
- Paid annual subscriptions to Calm mindfulness app, Downward Dog yoga app and Spotify
- Working with a supportive, nurturing team who are committed to excellence
- Team activities / yearly retreat
Naturopath / Integrative GP
We're looking for a practitioner to work in our Port Melbourne clinic and/or remotely via telehealth, initially two days a week, growing to 3-5 over a few months. You’ll be working alongside a health coach to support you to deliver outcomes to patients.
- Degree qualified Naturopath or a GP with integrative healthcare training, managing people with chronic conditions like autoimmunity, digestive issues, hormonal disorders, etc.
- Clinical experience treating patients (preferably 5+ years)
- Further education in functional medicine, or similar methodology preferred e.g. ACNEM coursework, or be treating in this way, or willing to do further training which we'll contribute to.
This role is for you if you have:
- Great communication and interpersonal skills (in particular, you love educating patients on health)
- Keen critical thinking skills, and problem-solving mentality
- Innate curiosity, with a growth and learning mindset
- A team player attitude (this includes working with marketing to promote your profile)
We're always looking for great people to join our team, so while we currently have a full health coach team, if you're interested in working with us, get in touch. A future health coach role will involve working in our Port Melbourne clinic and/or via telehealth, working alongside a practitioner to help deliver outcomes to patients.
- Health coaching certification
- Coaching experience (preferably 2+ years)
This role is for you if you have:
- A naturally warm, approachable and friendly personality
- Strong communication (written and verbal) to facilitate an easy flow of communication between practitioner and patient
- Time management skills, including the ability to prioritise and be responsive to patients
- Maturity or life experience
- Good technology skills (or a willingness to learn)
- Attention to detail
- An adaptable and flexible attitude to meet the needs of each patient
Excited by the prospect of working with us? Fill out the application form below.
Please complete the form below to share your expression of interest, and we'll be in touch soon!